Micro SD card are used for storage purposes in many devices including mobile phones, cameras etc. Many users have a habit of protecting their micro SD cards with a password for security reasons, and later suffer to unlock it if they forget the password. So, here is a trick that we are providing to unlock a micro SD card using your computer.
- Insert your micro SD card into a card reader and plug you card reader to the USB port of your computer.
- After plugging in your card reader, right click on the start button and click on explore option.
- Then click on the drive which you inserted in to the computer and find the MMCSTORE file.
- After finding the MMCSTORE file copy it and then paste it on to the desktop to edit the file.
- Now right click on the MMCSTORE file on the desktop and open with notepad then find the password present in the file which will be in plain text format. Hence, password of the card is known.
- Now re-insert the card reader into your computer and when it asks for password enter the password. Thus your micro SD card is unlocked.